23 March 2011

Welcome to Ukraine!

After a crazy bit of travel, I am finally in Ukraine. My training group met up in Washington DC for a brief training and orientation, then we embarked on what felt like an endless journey to Ukraine. We are settled in for a couple of days of introductory training, then we will be split up into smaller group to begin our two months of training.

It has been confirmed that I will be studying Ukrainian instead of Russian, which makes it likely that I will be placed in the West part of the country. I'm happy about this because it puts me closer to my family in Poland.

The next couple of days will provide some introductory language training and a bit better idea of what to expect in the rest of training and in our service. I'm looking forward to it!

I miss my friends and family at home, but I'm excited about this new adventure!

3 comments:

  1. Have fun! Are you in a hotel? Hope the jet lag is not too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad you made it there safely. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woo-hoo! Can't wait to hear about all your adventures. Take lots of pics, please!

    ReplyDelete