21 February 2011

T-28 and Counting!

I've been a bit quiet lately. Once I got past the initial flurry of paperwork, I decided to put off preparing for my Peace Corps service and focus on finishing up my job. Today is the first day of my last week at work, and it's time to switch on the Peace Corps gears again!

Last week I received my staging information. We will be meeting in Washington DC on March 21st, then all fly out together on March 22. I've never been to DC before, but unfortunately won't have much touristing time while I'm there. I should have one morning free, so if anyone has any suggestions of The One Thing not to miss I would love to hear it!

I haven't started packing yet. I have my luggage and have been stockpiling boxes, so once March arrives I will be focusing on that. I have a little paperwork yet to do, but for the most part I really just have to work on getting myself ready mentally. And that's the hard part!

In thinking about the flight, I need to decide what to bring to keep me busy. I don't sit still very well. I can read for some time, but I'm happier if I have something to do with my hands. I know knitting needles aren't allowed on international flights, but I think I will pick up a cheap plastic crochet hook and see if that will be allowed. If it gets taken away I won't be overset, and if it's allowed I can spend some time trying to learn how to crochet.

No comments:

Post a Comment